Monday 15 June 2020

Memories of summer past

There are some memories which I do not
Look into often
Some which lie deep down in my heart
No one knows I have those memories
Of moments that did not last
Of summers past
Of sunny afternoons and sultry evenings
When I looked up to find your gaze upon me
And I held that gaze and kept it in my heart
When I felt the cool breeze of a sigh
I  made that a memory too
A helping hand outstretched
Yet loathe to touch me
I have kept that feel without the touch
And whenever summer comes
And some times become unbearable
I peep into memories
Of the summers past
And get the cool breeze, the helping hand,
the loving gaze
To see me through.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So true! I fall back on my memories of that calming voice, that caring smile, that loving touch and of that relationship that has survived against all odds and has transcended beyond love, beyond friendship and beyond the transience of life itself, during those over empowering moments of frustration and suffering that inexorably push me into a deep void of inescapable darkness.